With the support of the Vice Dean, the College of Humanities Curriculum Review Committee (COH CRC) oversees curriculum proposals in compliance with the university's policies and procedures. The COH CRC reviews proposals for new courses, new programs, and program modifications.
Proposals for new courses:
When submitting a new course at the college level, department heads should submit the following documents which can be found at the bottom of this page:
- A COH Request for New or Temporary Course Form signed by the department head.
- A COH General Education Tier 1 or Tier 2 Course Form (if applicable).
- A course syllabus:
- For non-General Education undergraduate courses, please use/download the In-Person Course Syllabus Template.
- For undergraduate Tier 1 and Tier 2 courses, please use the General Education In-Person Course Syllabus Template.
- For graduate courses, please use the In-Person Course Syllabus Template and refer to the Graduate Syllabus Policy as an added guide.
For online courses, please download and refer to the Syllabus Inventory for UA Online Courses to build your syllabus. For the Course and University Policies section in this checklist, please use the required language outlined in this template.
New course proposals should be submitted to Erin Robbins (email@example.com) by the 15th of the month. Courses will be reviewed during monthly committee meetings during the fall and spring semesters. Course proposals submitted after the spring deadline of April 15th will be reviewed in August.
Proposals for new and modified programs:
Please contact Kim Jones, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org), for guidance regarding this process.
For more information on the university’s curricular process, please visit:
- Curricular Affairs Website
- University-Wide General Education Course Proposal Guidelines
- Undergraduate Council
- New Academic Programs (Majors and Minors)
- Course Syllabus Policy: Undergraduate
- Course Syllabus Policy: Graduate