College of Humanities Student Ambassadors represent the face of the college. This motivated group of interns embodies the qualities we wish to inspire in all of our students.
What do Ambassadors do?
Student Ambassadors assist college representatives at a number of recruitment-based and college-related projects and events throughout the year, including:
- Planning and executing department community-building events
- Interacting with prospective high school students, transfer students, and their guests to explain the benefits of a Humanities major
- Recording selfie-videos for social media
- Attending bi-monthly ambassador meetings
- Assisting with the Tucson Humanities Festival...and many more!
What are the benefits?
Becoming an Ambassador is a great way to more deeply connect with the college, faculty, staff, and other students. In addition, members will develop excellent communication, interaction and other important skills that translate to any career following graduation. Finally, participants earn internship units and an engaged learning notification on their UA transcript.
Ready to Apply?
The application for the Fall 2023 IS NOW OPEN FOR Humanities majors!
Please note the following program requirements for consideration of your application:
- Must participate in the program for a minimum of two consecutive semesters.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.
- Must commit to the following:
- Mandatory training session
- Attendance at bi-monthly meetings (to be determined by schedules)
- Participation in a number of recruitment and college-related events each semester
- Mandatory participation at Homecoming Alumni Brunch in the fall semester and Love Your Future in the spring semester
- Completion of readings, discussions and assignments in D2L each semester
In addition to the above requirements, competitive applicants should reflect involvement in one or more activities outside the classroom (e.g., clubs, Greek Life, Study Abroad, work, or similar). If you meet the requirements above, please click on the “Apply Now” link above. Applications will be accepted through March 31, 2023. We look forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions, please text or email Karina Rodríguez at 520-334-5776 or email@example.com.