Annual Performance Reviews (APRs) serve as an important tool for discussing faculty members' performance, goals, and progress toward promotion, and toward tenure for tenure-eligible faculty.
The following faculty members should receive annual performance reviews:
- Tenured faculty and tenure-eligible faculty
- Continuing-eligible faculty and continuing-status faculty
- Career-track faculty (including all lecturer, instructor, and professorial titles with this designation)
Reviews of faculty with split appointments are carried out in the primary department but should include input from the secondary department.
Links to documents for the current review cycle are posted here to help provide guidance about criteria, procedures, and deadlines.
- Annual Performance Review Process and Timeline for CY 2021
- COH Criteria for Annual Performance Reviews
- COH Annual Performance Review Procedures
- Summary of Faculty's Workload Agreement - CY 2022
Additionally, each department administers its own unit-specific criteria and procedures in accordance with college and university guidelines.
Information about university procedures can be found in the University Handbook for Appointed Personnel (UHAP 3.2).
The university uses an online system, UA Vitae, as a centralized activity tracking tool for annual performance reviews. This system allows faculty members to enter their contributions in teaching, research, and service/outreach throughout the year in preparation for their APR.
Additionally, the system feeds each user's information to UA Profiles so that faculty members' achievements are accessible on a public website.
If you are new to UA Vitae or need a refresher about the system, please refer to the following COH resources: