The University of Arizona Handbook for Appointed Personnel (UHAP) sets forth official policies regarding the appointment, evaluation, and promotion of faculty who are not eligible for tenure at the University of Arizona. Related policies include:
- UHAP 3.1.02: Appointments of Career-Track, Visiting, and Adjunct Faculty
- UHAP 3.2: Annual Performance Reviews of Faculty
- UHAP 3.3.03: Promotion Reviews of Career-Track Faculty
UHAP policies served as a reference for the Dean's Advisory Committee (DAC) in the development of the College of Humanities' Guidelines for Career-Track faculty. Please refer to these college-specific guidelines related to the appointment, evaluation, and promotion of Career-Track faculty within COH:
- COH Career-Track Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, and Professors
- COH Career-Track Lecturers, Senior Lecturers and Principal Lecturers
- COH P&T Timetable
At the end of each spring semester, the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs publishes guidelines and checklists to use in preparing promotion dossiers. It is the responsibility of departments and candidates to ensure that the dossier is prepared according to the guidelines.
The Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs also holds workshops each spring designed to provide information about the promotion process. The workshops explain the university’s review procedures and offer guidance on the promotion dossier. All candidates for promotion, chairs of committees, heads and directors are encouraged to attend the workshops in order to become familiar with dossier preparation requirements.